Monday, July 16, 2018

Goldeneye, Pyrite

I was showing reds last week and I wore a couple of different metallic polishes and showed those too, so I'm thinking I might as well just declare this Christmas in July and keep going with that theme. Here are two more golden(ish) things, the one I'm wearing now, which is OPI Goldeneye, and Pahlish Pyrite:
They seem to have pretty similar formulas, the only difference is the color. Goldeneye is brassier and Pyrite is a more neutral gold. They both seem to be flakie-type glitters because they lay flat.

Neither of these is a current color, although Goldeneye might be findable - at least, I found it a year or so ago on eBay for a not-unreasonable price. It's from the Skyfall collection, so that was a while ago now. Pyrite was one of those monthly LE polishes that they used to do (may still do - I haven't checked lately) so I don't think it's easily findable. (And Pahlish's website is down - hopefully that's just a summer break thing.) Note also that Zoya's new Astrid is said to be a very close dupe of Goldeneye.

Here's Pyrite only:
Added: here is an older entry where I talk about Pyrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment