Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Reds (+ stuff I've ordered)

I was trying not to order much, but I do have a couple of single polishes on the way. One is a Polish Pickup polish, the one from Great Lakes Lacquer. Here - it says it's available til the 21st. Since Polish Pickup is doing "favorites" rather than their normal thing this month, the polishes may still be around on each brand's website. I know I saw somebody say that theirs was going to be available all month, but obviously everybody isn't doing it the same way!) And the other thing I ordered was from Live Love Polish, because I had a coupon that I got from doing a survey. The polish I bought was Basilisk. So naturally I'll have more to say about those when they arrive. (These are both new brands to me. I'd ordered from LLP before, but it was before they had their own brand.)

I have a bunch of reds swatched and it's a little late for the 4th of July, but reds are seasonless, in theory, right? So I'm going to show a few of those.

This one is long-discontinued, I think - Milani Bet On Red - but it's an awesome one:
It's just a fire-engine red metallic, very basic but really well-done. (I tried to find other swatches of this and there just aren't many around, other than on Pinterest. I did see a bottle up for sale on eBay, but I didn't stop to look at the price.)

Then this is Square Hue so it was always limited-edition. And again, there's not anything unusual about this, but it's a beautiful red creme - Bird Fling:
(It's an Angry Birds reference!)

This isn't actually red, but I'll go ahead & put it here because it has red in the name - Santa Red My List:
It's pretty clearly a fuchsia/magenta foil rather than a true red. I don't know what happened there. This came from that big "Holiglaze" collection several years ago, which was the one that I got as a giveaway from a blog, and there was also a metallic red that was actually a red in there, but it was called something else. You gotta wonder if they got the labels mixed up and just decided to run with it, or something.

(Here is my original post about that collection. China Glaze really went all out with the blogger promos on this one, so if you google Holiglaze you'll probably also find a ton of swatches. Also here is the red one, Just Be-Claws. There were like 5 foils in the collection, including an orange red, the red-red, and the pink-leaning red. It's really kind of an odd choice to put all three of those in the same collection, to me.)




No comments:

Post a Comment