Saturday, December 22, 2018

Mini Mani part 3

Another installment of polishes from the Ciaté Mini Mani Month advent calendar.
 

Ciaté just calls Kaleidoscope "silver glitter" but it looks to me like it has both silver and pale blue bits in it:
Here I was experimenting and I put Kaleidoscope on one side of this nail, over black. It must have a tinted base because it looks like it turned the black to a bluish color.

I also tried Kaleidoscope over the next polish, Knee Highs, which they describe as a navy blue pearl.
I only put the glitter on the top part of the nail, so you can see the blue pearl polish on the bottom. At the top, Kaleidoscope seems to have turned the navy into a somewhat brighter blue. I thought it looked pretty. Maybe I'll trot this combination out for New Year's Eve or something!

I'm skipping around on days here, but I don't figure anybody is going to care. (For the record, that's days 8 and 9 above, and below we skip to 13.) Number 14, pictured up top on the far right, was a jelly oil, like cuticle oil, which had a slightly thicker consistency than most oils that you brush on - I guess that's the jelly part! I liked it. (I wouldn't pay $9 for a mini of it though.)

This is Raspberry Collins and the descriptions fail me on this one - it says "pink nude creme" which is manifestly is not:
Nothing nude about that color. "Raspberry" is pretty close, or we can just call it a fuchsia. Anyway, you get the idea.

By the way, if you fall in love with one polish or another here, google it and you might find it at a semi-reasonable price. I think people are breaking the sets up and selling them - I stumbled across a couple on some shopping site. The minis retail for $9 but I saw them in more the $5-8 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment