Saturday, December 1, 2018

Not Your Mother's, & other assorted Ulta purchases

All that stuff I bought last week is starting to arrive. I actually bought some more after I posted - more nail wheels, more KL Polish (they had a one-day BOGO!), and some totally boring stuff like a booklight and cough drops from Amazon, because Amazon sells mint sugar-free Hall's and the grocery stores around here don't, any more. And Rob may have taken his new leather jacket to bed with him - we had a cursory discussion about waiting for Christmas and he wasn't having any of that. Am I wrapping the OPIs below? heck no. So I can't really say much, even if I wanted to.

Here's the Ulta haul from Thanksgiving Day:
L-R across the back: Beach Babe salt spray, Clean Freak Dry Shampoo, Beach Babe shampoo (I have tried it and can report that it smells eerily like a beach), and Blue Sea Kale (etc.) mousse. The only one of these exact NYM products I have tried before is the dry shampoo. I have tried a different brand of salt spray and I do like the beachy-hair vibe it gives you, so I thought I would try out this cheaper version. -- I'm probably not the generation that a brand called "Not Your Mother's" is meant to appeal to but I'm kinda fond of them really. (My mother went to the beauty shop once a week until I was ten or so and got a bouffant, up until the blow-dry revolution came around in the 70s and she finally stopped. So it's certainly fair to say it's not the products she used!)

I'll talk about the nail polishes later - well, I'll say now that the purple one is You're Such A Buda-pest, which I never got around to trying before. The other one is a new release. And then there's that brush in the front row, which is from It Cosmetics and was $10 and I wanted for reasons that are kind of obscure to me now, but I'm sure I'll figure out eventually.

(I think I'm developing a brush fixation. I have a whole 'nother brush set from Sephora you guys haven't even seen yet.)

Oh, and once again Ulta's shipping is super-fast. I ordered this on Thursday, and it was here on Tuesday, which probably means that like all the other Ulta employees, the shipping department worked over the holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment