Thursday, December 27, 2018

Kleancolor Heavy Metal

I found this set of metallics on Rank & Style on a list of best nail polish gift sets, and I couldn't resist trying them out. It's now showing up when I look as $15.99 for the set on Amazon, but I think I paid less than that. (Note that you can also buy these on Kleancolor's website - they call them "Heavy Metal" - in two sets of six for $7 each, but I assume you'd have to pay shipping, where if you have Amazon Prime you get this shipped free.)
They have very straightforward names - Purple Metallic, Pink Metallic, etc. The most exotic name in the bunch is Mango Metallic, presumably because there are two orange polishes.
I swatched these on the wheel and they look very similar to what you see in the bottle, mostly in one to two coats. Quite a few of them were very close to being true one-coaters. But I've mislaid my wheel that I swatched on, so I'll have to show those later when it turns up. (Sometimes I hate those wheels, it probably fell and rolled under the sofa or something!)

Oh, I was also going to mention the smell issue, because that's what people always talk about with Kleancolor. I have only had one polish from them before this, and it was a bit stinky, although it was also really pretty. That was several years ago, though, and I guess maybe they've reformulated since then, because these didn't smell very strongly like the old ones did. There's a noticeable smell if you're paying attention but it's not that strong and I don't think I would have noticed it if I hadn't known that was an issue - but then I have allergies and a perpetually stopped-up nose, too. If you're super-sensitive to smells, you probably know to stay away from this brand already.

These arrived all bundled into one plastic bag inside of a much-too-big box - as Amazon tends to do - but they were fine. They were sort of in a ball-shape and I guess they just rolled around in there! -- I've heard people say they've gotten broken polishes from Amazon, but I never have, so far. I guess I've just been lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment