Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Topic Tuesday: favorite polish name

What's your favorite nail polish name and from what brand?
This is an old #topictues, from a couple of months ago, I think.

(I guess this is my Christmas present to my readers! Even if you don't celebrate Christmas. Later on today when things have died down and you're bored and there's nothing on TV, you'll thank me.)

Here's my top 10 (in alpha order by name):
  • Be Fairy Afraid (Colourpop)
  • Bitter Buddhist (Smith & Cult)
  • BSOD (Pretty Serious) (as in Blue Screen of Death)
  • Carpe Denim (KBShimmer)
  • Dancer Is The Best Reindeer (Wet n Wild)
  • Das Esspensive (KL Polish) (with a roman number; this is a thing Kathleen Lights says, and she's been putting these out on her birthday the last couple of years)
  • I'm Not Really A Waitress (OPI) (a classic, yes, but still funny)
  • No More Waity, Katie (Butter London)
  • Show Us Your Tips! (OPI)
  • These Aren't The Droids You're Looking For (Dollish)
This is hard. I think I'm real partial to the B-C-D portion of this list: BSOD, Carpe Denim, Das Esspensive, in particular. I think that's the top three. As I always say, I'm not a person to whom choosing favorites comes naturally. I can come up with a top ten a lot easier than I can come up with a top one. But I guess I'm going to go with...

BSOD
which is (as you can hopefully see) from the late lamented Pretty Serious. This is a totally geeky name, but then I have never denied my geekiness. I was a pretty heavy-duty Windows user back in the day (like, the Win98 day, so we're going back a while here), and the blue screen really was my nemesis, at the time. Especially so because I was a multitasker before the computer could keep up with me. I saw a lot of these.


Bonus:
Because I know some people like to have tons of info - or in this case, lots of jokes - here's my initial list (in alpha order by brand because that's how I keep my spreadsheet sorted). I didn't number them until the end because I like to be surprised by how many I pick (it's always larger than I expect, somehow).
  1. Gold Digger (Aldo)
  2. No More Waity, Katie (Butter London)
  3. Hipster Chick (Chick)
  4. Are You Jelly? (China Glaze)
  5. Dorothy Who? (China Glaze)
  6. Pearl Jammin'  (China Glaze)
  7. Teen Spirit (China Glaze)
  8. It's Raining Men (Color Club)
  9. Be Fairy Afraid (Colourpop)
  10. It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin (Different Dimension)
  11. These Aren't The Droids You're Looking For (Dollish)
  12. Walker Bait (Dollish)
  13. Jailbait (Hard Candy)
  14. Band Geek (KBShimmer)
  15. Carpe Denim (KBShimmer)
  16. Excuse Me I Blurpled (KBShimmer)
  17. Broccoli & Chocolate (KL Polish)
  18. Cozy In There? (KL Polish)
  19. Das Esspensive (KL Polish)
  20. Ice Hotel, In Hell (Liquid Lacquer)
  21. Always Be A Dragon (Lucky 13)
  22. Cauldron Drippings (Lynnderella)
  23. As If! (Nostalgic Lacquer)
  24. Arsenic (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics)
  25. Black Metal Dahlia (Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics)
  26. Here Today Aragon Tomorrow (OPI)
  27. I'm Not Really A Waitress (OPI)
  28. Show Us Your Tips! (OPI)
  29. Sparkling Garbage (Orly)
  30. An Uzi From Daddy (Pretty Serious)
  31. BSOD (Pretty Serious)
  32. Purple Monkey Dishwasher (Pretty Serious)
  33. Witch & Famous (Pure Ice)
  34. Pretty Gritty (Rescue Beauty)
  35. Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild (Sephora by OPI)
  36. Bitter Buddhist (Smith & Cult)
  37. Stockholm Syndrome (Smith & Cult)
  38. Bird Fling (Square Hue)
  39. Buffy The Violet Slayer (Wet n Wild)
  40. Dancer Is The Best Reindeer (Wet n Wild)
plus a few where the joke is related to the collection they're in:
  1. Call In Slick - from the Oil Slick collection (POP Polish)
  2. Not So Blueberry - from a scented collection (Revlon - I guess the joke is that the polish wasn't actually blue - but the scent was blueberry)
  3. Galaxy Gang - from a collab with a galaxy theme - this is a nickname for KelliMarissa's YouTube viewers (Starrily)
(I know, if you have to explain the joke it kinda ruins it, but what can you do?)




No comments:

Post a Comment