Tuesday, December 18, 2018

New Pixie Dusts!

I restrained myself pretty well with my Zoya order, which was the Cyber Monday sale - 50% off - rather than the Black Friday sale, which was 70% off gift sets. I wasn't buying for gifts, and I've got so many Zoya polishes already that it's hard to find a set that I don't already have one or two of. I got two Pixie Dusts from the holiday (Jubilee) collection and two other polishes (one from Jubilee and one from the fall collection) - but today I'm just showing the Pixie Dusts.

Here is Juniper:
I think this is showing up as darker than it actually is. It is a dark teal-green, but it's not one that looks black as far as I've been able to tell. I may wear this next, actually, and if so I'll report back.

Note that I had this unused side of a "spoons" clear plastic thing and it had six slots, so there were more spaces on it than I had new polishes, and so for the Pixie Dusts I used two slots - I painted underneath the plastic on one space and on top of it for the other. My thought was that the one on top looks the way it will look on the nail without top-coat and the one underneath looks like it would with top-coat. I'll have to see if I feel differently when it's actually on my nails, but from these swatches I think I may want the top-coat. (More definitely on Juniper but maybe on Cookie too. Historically speaking, I don't always put top-coats on Pixie Dusts, but I put it on more often than I leave it off. Usually there's sparkle there that doesn't show up without it.)

Here's Cookie:
Cookie is almost exactly the same base color as Aurora, I checked - Aurora may be just slightly darker. So sort of a medium "fairy-plum" violet, I would call it, but in Cookie's case it's shot through with gold. I wasn't sure I wanted this at first, but I think I'll like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment