Thursday, December 13, 2018

Late Topic Tuesday: favorite holiday polishes

(I didn't get organized with this in time to get it up Tuesday, so maybe Topic Thursday??) The topic this week is favorite holiday polishes - but I don't have one favorite polish or even really a list of favorites. I think about the holidays in colors (red and green, of course, but also blue, silver, gold, and more) and in finishes (glitter, metallic). So I'm going to go through my manicure photos and swatch photos and pick some examples.

(added: I completely forgot that I did a bunch of "Christmas in July" posts this past summer. So if you go to July and scroll down there's a lot of reds and greens and golds there.)

I think this is a good example of a holiday glitter. You can do it as accent nails or ombre or all over, as you like. This one is a Korean polish that I don't think is available any longer - Dear Rus Shuffle Green.

Here's a somewhat less flashy glitter - Pretty Serious VT-100 (I think this may have matte top-coat over it, now that I think about it):
(Also now discontinued, unfortunately.)

Zoya's scattered holos are usually glitter-packed enough to make a good holiday choice. This is Dream. This one you can still get - Zoya hardly ever discontinues anything, and certainly not this polish, which I'm pretty sure is a best-seller.)
(I know most of the nail junkies around here know this already, but for the benefit of others - you can also get this formula in forest green, bright berry, and more.)

I really don't wear red much (or at all, really) on a day-to-day basis, but I do sometimes pull it out for special occasions, like the holidays. This is one category where I do have a favorite, historically speaking, and that's Butter London Knees Up:
This picture doesn't do it justice. It's a full-on foil and it's gorgeous. (And it's still available.) But this year I'm intending to wear one of my new polishes, Shake Your Baubles, which is a pearlescent red. (I just posted the picture of that the other day so I'm not going to repeat it here. Follow the link to see!)

I went through a long period of really liking multicolored holiday glitters, but I've kind of gotten over them lately. Here's one that I liked most recently, Nine Zero Twinkle Lights:
This is mixed flakie glitter in a silver holo base. This one is not available but Golden Lights, which is just the same thing in a gold base, is. (Although you probably need to act really fast if you want it for this year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment