Thursday, December 20, 2018

KL Polish part 1 (Black Friday)

I did two orders from KL Polish, one right after Thanksgiving and one a week or so later when they had a flash BOGO sale that included the Zodiac polishes (which had previously been excluded from sales). Anyway, this is the polishes from the first order - I got three polishes from the 40% off sale. I'm heroically resisting the bundle sale that's going on now, because I've got way too much new polish already.

I got two polishes from the Lips & Tips collection (aka KL Polish x Colourpop) - these are polishes that match the lip products that Kathleen had previously done with Colourpop. This is November:
Their website calls this "rosy pink" but I think it reads more coral than I would have thought. It's on the pink side of coral, for sure, but as far as I can tell from the swatch, it's pretty coral-leaning. (This is not likely to get worn until after the holidays. I'm wearing Cookie now - I put a pic on Instagram but hopefully I'll get around to doing a NOTD post here - and I'm intending to wear those NailsInc reds for Christmas proper. I might do some layers with Cookie in a day or two, but I don't expect to do anything else before I go red.)

The second Lips & Tips polish is Point Zero:
I was interested in this because it's a cool brown, and those can be hard to find. I think I may really like this. (On the other hand, this is a bad time of year for browns - by which I mean that this would have been really great a few weeks ago when I was still in #chocolatenovember mode. It's possible I won't wear this until next fall, but I'm going to try to work it in while it's still winter.) Incidentally - since we're talking about Lips & Tips - it's possible I will eat my words about this someday, but I don't wear brown lipstick at all. To the extent that I even experiment with this, the results have never been anything that interested me. Mostly I don't think fall colors are flattering on me, as far as clothes, either, although I've been known to wear chocolate brown from time to time.

Anyway, moving on... the third polish is Medusa, from the fall collection:
Since I've just finally worn Zoya Aggie, I'm noticing the similarities between those two. This is like a greener version of Aggie, really - and that's a good thing, because I really liked Aggie, and I always love a good green. This is green with a gold flip; Aggie is gold with bronze flip.

(You're getting a preview of the Zodiac polishes on this wheel. I'll come back to those later.)


No comments:

Post a Comment