Sunday, December 2, 2018

More November purchases

(Oops, this was supposed to go up this morning, and I screwed that up somehow. Oh well.)

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to show all the stuff I bought, when I feel like I got totally carried away. But I'm trying to get myself to wear a little more makeup - for a long time I was like, foundation and blush and out the door - so a lot of this was things I just didn't own a lot of.

This is one last item from the Ulta sale, which wasn't in the picture with the rest of it, so I forgot about it. Ulta had Body Shop products for 40% off, so this was, what, $11 and change?
I wanted to try out Body Shop Body Butter, but I doubt that I'll keep all of these - probably I'll break up the set, keep one and give the other two as gifts. They're all different and I don't have any particular opinion on which one I'm keeping. I did crack them open and sniff, but they don't have really overwhelming scents so that may not be the deciding factor. I may decide which formula I like the most for me instead.

And then I have some things I bought earlier in the month and haven't shown. Colourpop was having a sale back before Thanksgiving, and well, this all started because I wanted a pencil sharpener. Colourpop's lip pencils are kind of weird and don't seem to fit the sharpeners I already had. And then I decided to buy another lip pencil while I was at it. I bought Lumiere, which is a Kathleen Lights color that I already have a nail polish to match. It's very neutral, on me, which is a good thing in a lip pencil, I think.
And then I decided that out of the few Colourpop shadows I have, I like the pressed powder shadows more than the Super Shock shadows. I poked around and decided the Yin to my Yang set had a lot of stuff I liked, so I got that. The first two colors (on the left above, that is) are ones I already had.
And then see the black and "white" ones on the row above, here? The black is really just soot-black - always useful - but the one that looks white is actually very pale gold. It's really beautiful.

One more - I think I had mentioned this at some point but I got this set of brushes - I wanted it because it had some shapes I don't have already, but also the packaging is lovely.
It comes in this nice silver clutch with a magnetic closure. (As you can see, this was from Sephora.)

Here's what all the brushes are. I especially liked that flat one, the second one down, and the very small flat one, the second from the bottom. The quality on these seems very nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment