Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It's been weeks

Two weeks since I posted, let's see if I can remember what I've been wearing since then. That bumpy Diamond-Love thing that I posted about two entries back didn't last long - which, considering how many layers there were, is not really a surprise. I didn't specifically say in the last entry what I was putting on, but I think the entry itself was a hint, and I'm pretty sure it ended up being my old standby of Daul-over-Purple-Haze. Which I still love.

After that I decided I should wear Zoya Roxy, which is a purple jellyish glitter. That would have been all well and good, but then I decided for some reason to put Chloe over it, which came out... slightly odd. Glitter AND flecks in one mani is just too much, I guess.

And I think by the time I gave up on that one, that my "3 free" Zoya order had come in. I ordered FeiFei, Blaze, and Indigo. (I really intended to order Smoke Storm, but they had a note that it was not out of stock but it was low in inventory, or something to that effect, and it could delay your order. So I decided to wait on that until the next order, maybe.) So naturally the next thing I tried was one of those: FeiFei. I put it on without anything but base-coat under it (which is unusual for me these days!) and I really liked it. In most lights, it didn't look blue, it looked gray, but a very lovely, sophisticated gray. - Actually, now that I look at the Zoya description again, it says "steel blue" perfectly clearly, which is exactly what it is. But I had in my head that it was going to be more blue than that. - Anyway, I think I used 3 coats, although I'm not sure how much I needed the third one. And it held up very well - I'm used to thinking that anything that's glittery is prone to coming off in big flakes, but it really did well. So that takes us up through the weekend, and then last night I switched to Blaze. Frankly, in the fluorescent light at home it looks kind of "meh" - it looks like a dark-red creme - but in better lighting it IS really beautiful. I've been admiring it all day.

I don't know what I'll do after this - hopefully I have at least a couple of days to decide. Wonder what FeiFei would look like over Indigo. Oh, also I came home from the grocery store earlier with a polish - NYC Pink Champagne, which did NOT look like I would expect something called Pink Champagne to look. It appears to be sort of a dark-pink shimmer. And heck, it was 93 cents. (It's not on the list of current colors so I guess it's discontinued. Which would explain why it was stuck out on the end-cap, I guess!)

1 comment:

  1. FeiFei is such a pretty polish. I haven't tried layering it--I'll be interested to hear how it goes if you try that.

    ReplyDelete