Sunday, January 13, 2013

Very expensive bases

A year or so ago, I got it in my head to try Rescue Beauty Lounge (there should be a link in my sidebar), and so I spent a little over $40, by the time you added shipping, on two bottles: Chinoise and Purple Haze. And it's really nothing against RBL - they seem to have a good formula, they go on well, and all that stuff - but the fact is, I just didn't fall in love with either one of these colors. They look great in other people's pictures (from a random google search, here is Chinoise and here is Purple Haze), but somehow, when I put them on, they just don't look as good. I'm not sure why.

So mostly what I have ended up using them for is as a base to layer other things over. Chinoise is great under a number of reds, and I discovered earlier in the fall that Purple Haze is great with Zoya Daul. It's kind of a crazy way to use up $18 bottles of nail polish, but hey, it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment