Thursday, February 7, 2013

NOT Pink Champagne

I was talking in my last entry about buying NYC Pink Champagne, but apparently I only thought that's what I bought. In all fairness to me, I thought that because it was labeled that - but apparently it is mislabeled, because if you look all the way at the bottom of this page, Pink Champagne is there - it is, as you'd expect, a very pale pink. However, the bottle I bought which was labeled Pink Champagne looks more like it might be Fuchsia Glamour, from a couple of rows up. I'm not sure about that, but it's definitely more in that color family. And I like it, whatever it is. (I would never have picked up that super-pastel one, in fact.)

So I wore that polish (whichever it is) for a few days, and then I switched back to Zoya. I'm sort of on a Valentine's Day theme and have been sticking with reds and pinks, and it occurred to me that I hadn't worn Zoya Rory in ages - in fact, I'm pretty sure I only ever wore it once, because it turned out to be one of those colors that's kind of pale for my coloring. So I decided to try putting Kieko under it, to see if that would help. Kieko is a creme that's a pretty similar color family but quite a bit darker - and I do think it helped a bit. At least, I didn't feel like it washed me out as much as I did the last time I wore Rory. (I ought to try swatching these things to really see, but I never get around to it!)

I did snap a picture, at least:
and in fact if you look at other pictures of Rory, like the one in the link above and the one in, say, PolishAholic's blog, they do look quite a lot lighter than this. So maybe layering it did make a difference! (ADDED: I do think some of that is the lighting, though - it's still on my nails right now and it looks lighter than this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment