Sunday, October 11, 2015

Skincare items new & old

This is an empty - I'm not sure I've ever posted one of those before, but this is something I've used forever and so I thought I'd mention it.
I just looked on Clinique's website, and I don't see this exact product listed - which is not surprising because I've had it for several years. In case you can't see, it's called "extremely gentle eye makeup remover" (they've always done their packaging in all lower-case since I can remember, and I'm pretty sure I remember more or less back to the dawn of Clinique). But now they have one called "naturally gentle eye makeup remover" so I think it's fair to assume that it's a similar product. As I know I've mentioned here before, I don't wear much eye makeup any more, due to way-oversensitive skin & eyes, but I've used this product since I was in college and it was always great.


I talked about the latest Walmart box already, but I hadn't remembered to post this picture, which is my favorite product from those last couple of boxes before that, the Olay 7 eye treatment. I think I've mentioned it in passing but I never got as far as taking a picture:
This is a picture of the box, in fact; the sample actually is in a little pot which I think is .4 oz, but it's really lasted and I adore it, it's great stuff. I had bought an eye cream from Nourish Organic pretty recently, as well, so it'll be a while before I actually need to buy any more. I'm alternating between those two, and I guess by the time I run out of both I'll have a definite opinion on which I should buy next time. Neither one was particularly inexpensive but both seem, well, awesome.

Have you noticed how much I talk about moisturizers these days? I am still searching for the perfect, not-too-expensive moisturizer for my face & neck, and so I decided to try the Sephora-brand one and see how it did. And I already had the sample size of First Aid Beauty repair creme in my Sephora cart, and then I ended up with a small Nest hand creme which I did not even actually need, but it sure smells good.
So with Sephora's usual 3 small samples + premium sample, this is what I ended up with. I think they must have substituted something that was out of stock on the samples, because I'm pretty sure I didn't ask for Dr. Gross facial self-tanner. But oh well. that happens, and I can't actually remember what I did ask for, so no big deal. The Sephora moisturizer is actually in a tube the same size as the Nest tube (I think they're both 1 oz.), and it seems good; my only issue is it's (mildly) scented, and I'm so conditioned by years of Clinique products that putting anything scented on my face seems weird. But I've been using it anyway, and it seems fine. I like the FAB lotion, which is not particularly a surprise - and as I said, I like the scent of the Nest lotion, although for sheer moisturizing power it can't compare with my favorite Crabtree and Evelyn hand lotion. (Honestly, I feel like I'm cheating on Gardener's Hand Therapy by even trying a sample size of something else!)

The premium sample was the Urban Decay one you can see above, which I'm intending to give away. (Unless I change my mind.) The three smaller samples are the Philosophy fragrances - which is actually a two-fer, it has two tiny spray bottles of two different scents - and then the Dr Gross stuff which I mentioned already, and the Fresh black tea lotion. (I wanted to try that one but actually every Fresh product I've looked at is seriously out of my price range, unless I really cave on that point.)

Sephora is killing me lately - meaning I'm spending too much money there, that is - but on the other hand I'm getting to try some good products. I should also mention that I haven't tried the First Aid Beauty repair creme on my face, mostly because I read some reviews about it which said that really it's too much for many people's faces, but it's really awesome for patchy dry skin on the rest of the body. And that's a problem which I do have intermittently, especially in the winter, so that's why I wanted to try it.


In other news, I think my poor 10-year-old Canon camera may have finally bit the dust. At least, I can't get the SD card to seat, and I even bought a new SD card because I thought that was the problem. It had various other issues that I've been working around, and if it's really dead I may just upgrade my iPhone rather than buying a separate new camera, since my iPhone is a 4 - not even a 4s, just a 4 - and is pretty much on its last legs, too. I figure the camera in an iPhone 5, even, is probably as good as than the Canon was anyway, since it was so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment