Thursday, March 5, 2020

Olive Ave Flora collection

Right after New Year's, Walker (from Olive Ave Nails on YouTube) had a Kickstarter for her new polish brand, and you could pre-order either the entire first collection of 6 polishes, or 3 polishes of your choice. I'm never the completist so I did three, and the Kickstarter was funded in, like, 2 days, so there wasn't much suspense about that part - always a good sign.

I knew my polishes were supposed to be in the mail - considerably earlier than the date promised, I believe - and they came yesterday. The first collection was pastels, but I'm not quite as anti-pastel as I used to be, and they are lovely. (See the bottom of the entry for Walker's swatch video with all six colors.) When I was trying to decide what to get, I passed over the yellow and the coral (because I  usually think warm colors aren't flattering on me), and the blue (just because it was a cornflower-ish color that seemed similar to things I already had), and what I got was the purply-pink (Rhododendron), the minty green (Aster), and the pale-green shimmer (Calla Lily):
 
Added: I forgot to say that these polishes are now available online! here - Olive Ave Polish
 
My swatches are below, but first of all, it came in this nice (recycled and recyclable) envelope, with a hand-written note inside. (I believe if you ordered the full set of 6 you get a box.)

Here's Rhododendron:
These two cremes have really nice formulas. On both this and Aster, I did two coats. And I love this color. It's light enough to be spring-like but not super-pale - right up my alley.

Aster:
I was calling this a green, but really it's noticeably blue-green. And as I said, the formula seemed very similar to the one above. This is also two coats.

The third one, Calla Lily, is different, since it's a shimmer:
It's much more pale, but super-pretty. This is three coats. I haven't tried it on my nails yet, so I don't know yet whether I'll feel like that third coat is really necessary on the nail. But it has sort of a golden shimmer that's really unusual. (I should have swatched it over Aster, just to see what that looked like, but I didn't think about it last night when I was doing these!)


And here's Walker's swatch video:

2 comments:

  1. They look nice, the shimmery one is my favourite :-D

    My bf funded Kickstarter for a VR set - years later still waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this review! So glad you liked this three. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete