Friday, March 22, 2013

A little Zoya on top

First of all, I was looking at Fuck Yeah Nail Art, and thinking, "Y'know, I really don't love most nail art," and then suddenly there was TOTORO NAIL ART. Now that I can get behind.

===============================

What I really intended to talk about was how I'm back on my kick of layering something shiny and Zoya over everything. First, I had on Emerald City for St. Patrick's Day, and I decided to put Maisie on over that - two coats, it looked great. In some lights it was just glittery emerald, but since Maisie is actually blue-green, it picked up the blue in others.

Then last night, I finally decided to take that off (because as I learned with Chloe last summer, multiple coats of Fleck Effect wear like iron, it was barely even starting to wear), and I tried that new SH Complete Salon color that I bought a couple of weeks ago in my Walgreen's haul, Black and Blue. And I liked it, except it's kind of boring in low light, it just looks gray. In the sunlight it has a sort of a duochrome blue-black flash to it, but you can't see that in low light. And it occurred to me that what it looked like in low light was FeiFei - steel gray. So I put a really light coat of FeiFei on top of it, and now I'm happy. (At least it's easy to make me happy!) (It looks basically the same, color-wise, but now it just shimmers a little.)

(Ooh, some great Zoya layering ideas here. And I have a lot of those colors. Chloe over Roxy, I never thought of that one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment