Monday, March 25, 2013

Parade of pastels

I'm going to try doing this diary-style, to do better at keeping up. It feels silly to post every little thing separately, but I can save it up and post a bit more often, anyway.

(Saturday)
CSM Black and Blue did not last all that well, for the record. I think I put it over Sinful Colors base coat - I guess is CSM really meant to be worn without a base coat? I don't know. It could just be me. I'm sure I kind of slapped it on. (It did come off very easily, though. Blues can be messy, god knows, but this one wasn't.)

So once I got rid of that, I kind of went to the other extreme from the blue-black, because I was starting to think in terms of easter-egg colors, and now I'm wearing OPI Japanese Tea Garden, a fairly light rose color, with 2 coats of Confetti Purple Pizazz over that. It still looks very pink, the Confetti just made it shimmer. I don't really own many pastels - I'm sure before the end of the week I'll be trotting out the Zoya Harmonie, because I remember from last year that I thought that was a good Easter-egg sort of color. And I can't think of many more obvious candidates from my stash, really.

(Sunday)
I didn't put a top coat over the Confetti yesterday and apparently I should have, because it was already trying to chip by last night. So I patched it up a bit and put 2 coats of Chloe on top of it this morning, but it didn't do much good because I was trying to do other things at the same time and I messed it up again before it had time to dry. It looks decent enough to make it through today (especially since I'm working and don't have much choice) but tonight or tomorrow I will doubtless be trying something else.

(Chloe over Purple Pizazz over Japanese Tea Garden actually looks pretty good, though. It has enough of the shiny now to make me quit thinking it's such a boring color.)

(Monday)
It occurred to me that I interpret "easter-egg colors" too strictly as "very pale pastels" - which, if you actually look at a lot of easter eggs, they are not, necessarily. Pale pastels just don't look good on me (as I have said many times) which is why I don't own many of them in the first place. I think I need to rethink this. I am now wearing Zoya Harmonie, which I mentioned above, but I put two coats of Purple Haze under it, which made it a bit darker than I recall it being on its own. (And a little less obnoxiously retro-frost, which is actually the reason I don't wear Harmonie more.) It looks pretty good.

ADDED: (Wednesday)
Harmonie over Purple Haze is still looking good. It looks sort of like Colorstay Amethyst, to my mind, only a bit lighter. Nice shiny pretty medium purple. I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment