Saturday, March 30, 2013

Green again

I think doing the "diary-style" entry (see the last one) worked well for the times when I'm making lots of changes to my nails but don't have a lot to say about each change. The purpose of this has never been to be a normal picture-heavy nail blog, but rather to document my experimenting with layers and such. However, today I do have a picture:

This is many coats (4, I think, but I kind of lost track) of Zoya Maisie on top of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Ivy League. The picture is misleading, though - it's not as emerald as it looks here, it's considerably paler than that - I would call it more of a spring green. However, what you can see, hopefully, is the slight blue shift that Maisie added, which was my purpose in adding it. Ivy League on its own is very bright and leans very yellow - in fact some bloggers have called it a lime- (or apple-) green/gold duochrome - and is not really flattering on me. So adding Maisie shifted it towards blue enough to make it more flattering to my (pale & somewhat sallow) skin tone.

(Hmm, my cuticles look a trifle swollen in this picture, what's up with that? It's not noticeable when I look at them now, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment