Tuesday, November 5, 2019

BCA: the not-pink-but-still-sorta-pink contingent

These three polishes are (in case you can't read the picture below!) La Resistencia, Valiente, and Choose Hope. These are the last installment from the Breast Cancer Awareness box. I saved these for last because they don't look particularly pink - but they all have pink in the formula somewhere.

La Resistencia is from Leesha's Lacquer:
(again, descriptions in quotes are from Cosmetics Sanctuary) "a silver holo based solar polish that changes to pinkish lavender in the sun, as well as having pink flakes." I knew that solar polishes existed but I've never had one before. I work evening shifts and I don't really spend a lot of time in the sunlight, but I'll have to make an effort when I wear this!

Valiente is from Colores de Carol:
"a silver linear holographic with pink shimmer and holo flakes" - here you can see the pink in the bottle, in my picture, not so much on the nail. (Added: I did wear this one as part of a skittles mani, that picture is here!)

Choose Hope is from Poetry Cowgirl:
"a pale metallic pink to gold to green multichrome with turquoise metallic micro flakes" - you can definitely see the pink in this when you look for it, but it still reads mostly silvery in the light I'm in right now. It's the darkest of these three (but still not extremely dark, as you can see - I would call it a pewter color).

I have not tried any of these yet, I think partly because I got in pink-pink-pink mode during most of October and then transitioned right into fall colors after that. I think these silvery things will be great holiday polishes, anyway! None of these are brands I had tried before, but they were all brands I knew of and had been interested in trying previously. (Colores de Carol, especially, has been around for some years, I think. But the other two are no newbies, either.)



No comments:

Post a Comment