Thursday, November 21, 2019

TBT: "All-time favorite" polishes from 2016

I was rummaging around in old planners and I found a list from late 2016 of my all-time favorite polishes. This may have made it into the blog in some shorter form, or not - I poked around and didn't see anything like that offhand. But I thought it was interesting because there were so many polishes here that I'd pretty much forgotten about completely! (Others of these I've talked about ad nauseum - I'll add some pictures and links to this as well, although I'm not promising links to every single one. I have pages for that.) (Above: PS VT-100)

So here's my "long-list" of all-time favorites, three years ago. I sorted them by brand here (but I also put the full list at the bottom of this entry the way I originally wrote it down). I don't think I really started buying indies until 2015 or so, which is why there's not very many of those.

Indies

Mainstream (meaning, for my purposes, brands you can easily find in a store)

Boutique, overseas, other
*I actually destashed An Affair In Red Square a while back, not because I didn't like it any more but because I felt like I had other things that were more or less dupes for it, and I wasn't wearing it. But I still think it's awesome.

I dug in my pictures and found these, from 2015. This is Lynnderella Blue Rouge over something pale:
 
Aurora Borealis over Zoya Cynthia:


RBL Bubblegum Punk on its own (I've mostly worn it as a top-coat, though - as you can see, it's super-sheer):

Nfu Oh #51 over Zoya Neeka:

RBL Scrangie 2.0:


Here's the list in the order it was originally in, for what it's worth - I don't think the order really means anything, though!
Alcatraz Rocks
Pacific Blue
Bubblegum Punk
#51 (Nfu Oh)
Trailer Trash
Pretty Gritty
Blue Rouge (Lynnderella)
Carter
Pumpkin Spice
Cougar Attack
Mermaid's Dream
Elderberry
Dancer Is The Best Reindeer
Reva
Aster
Cinnamon
Ivanka
Traffic Stopper Copper
Locavore
Chop Chop Copper
Sweet Peacock
Who Ya Gonna Call?
Candy Corn Cordial
Gold Digger
Scrangie 2.0
Bat My Eyes
I Only Shop Vintage
Glee
Aurora Borealis
Orchid of the Year
Pyrite
Elliot
VT-100
Yuki-Onna
Rikki
Zuza
Remy
Daul
Suri
Enchanted Forest
Wavy Blue
Agro
Quick Jeanius
She's Beyond Kelp!
Slick Black
Mermaid's Tale
Spinning Out Of Control
Nail Junkie
I Love You
Winterberry
Dorothy Who
Carly
Rory
Chloe
The Angels Have The Phone Box
Posh
Teigen
Party By The Pool
Poltergeist Puddle
Vogue
Jordana's Skinny Jeans
Victorian End
Peru-B-Ruby
Fowl Play
Private I
Are You Jelly?
Purple Gleam
Butterflies and Rosebulds
An Affair In Red Square
Pyro Pink
Elle's Spell
Blackberry
Jolly Lolly
Knees Up

1 comment:

  1. Nice picks. I do love Alcatraz Rocks myself - great texture and colourful too :-D

    I think I need more Zoyas in my life though ;-)

    ReplyDelete