Thursday, September 21, 2017

Victorian End

This is SquareHue Victorian End, from the 1900s collection
I didn't put this in my top 4 SquareHues, but I think it was in the shortlist (which was the top 8). SquareHue does some good purples but this is the one I decided my favorite because it's different. It's sort of a dull dark plum, with shimmer. That doesn't make it sound too great, but obviously I really like it.

I said it was different, but actually it looks really similar to the polish below it on the wheel. I checked and the one pointing at the wheel is Victorian End, as it should be, and the one below it is Vaclavske Namesti, from the Prague collection, which was only a couple of months before the 1900s one - November 2014 and January 2015. Anyway, Vaclavske Namesti - which is the local name for what we call Wenceslas Square in English - is similar but even more grayed-out than Victorian End, and while it has shimmer I think it's less obvious. I like them both, but they are not dupes. I do think it was a bit odd to release these two so close together, though. (Victorian End does seem pretty appropriate for the its royal subject matter. Is there a reason for Wenceslas Square to be plum-colored? I have no idea.)



No comments:

Post a Comment