Tuesday, September 26, 2017

NOTD: Turn On The Northern Lights

This is OPI Turn On The Northern Lights:
I don't know how well you'll be able to see the shimmer, but it's there. It's really sort of similar to the "unicorn pee" pigment that's in So Jelly, although I assume that's not actually what it is. The pigment doesn't show up quite as well as the one in So Jelly, but I think that's because this doesn't have a jelly base. Anyway, it's really pretty, whatever it is.

If I'm counting right, the picture above was taken six days ago - I put it on early Wednesday morning. This picture below was taken just now, early Tuesday morning:
There's some wear, and I should have added another coat of top-coat, but on the whole this polish is holding up fabulously well. I even washed my hair in the interim. This is the kind of wear that I feel you're really supposed to get from OPI polish, but that I don't normally get - which I put down to my having difficult nails, usually. But now I'm trying to figure out why this one did so much better. I think I used some old Colorstay base-coat (from the last iteration of Colorstay, not the current one) but I'm not entirely sure what top-coat I used, at this late date. Hmm, well, anyway, this polish is definitely a win, in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment