Saturday, September 9, 2017

Flirt

Picture Polish Flirt:
This and the other PP that I showed yesterday are my entire piCture pOlish stash. I like this color a lot and I loved the other one, but I had wear issues with both of them and so I pretty much gave up on this brand after that - they're just too expensive to fart around with. (They're an Australian brand, which partly accounts for the high price. In the US they're available at Live Love Polish and probably other places as well.) (To be fair, though, other people love them, so I assume not everybody has wear issues like I do with them. Sometimes I have extremely cranky nails.)


This polish made me a little weirdly nostalgic when I realized it was one of the three similar colors in this picture. There had been a couple of little experiments before that, but that post there was where I really started what has become an ongoing series - if you've looked at this blog at all you've probably figured this out already. I call them "bottle and wheel" pictures and they're just a way to catalog my stash, really. I started out almost a year and a half ago with pictures of several polishes at a time, on my ten-year-old Canon in natural light through my bedroom windows, and I've ended up retaking a lot of those pictures, and I'm now doing one polish at a time under fluorescent lights on my iPhone SE (which I bought when the Canon and my old iPhone gave up the ghost more or less simultaneously). They're still not fabulously great pictures but at least they're more consistent. And this series may go on forever - or at least until I run out of steam, eventually. (Certainly I'm going to keep doing this for new polishes, indefinitely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment