Tuesday, September 12, 2017

SquareHue favorites

I showed my SquareHue stash a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't get around to picking favorites. There are a lot of polishes I like in there, but I re-swatched many of them and eventually came up with a shortlist of 8, which I then narrowed down to a top 4.

This is my top 4 - Parizska, Y2K, Vogue, and Lake Louise.


I'm going to do a new post for Y2K because I've never shown it by itself, but here's the old post on it. Below are the other three.

Parizska is a charcoal gray with silver glitter:
(This is from the Prague collection back in 2014; if you scroll down here there's a picture of the full set.)

Vogue is from the same collection as Y2K (I'm surprised I ended up with two from the same collection!) - which was the 1990s.
If you squint at the label picture above you may be able to see that the year on the bottom of the bottle is 1990 - I think that was the year the Madonna song came out. I remember looking at this polish and going, "Oh, another dark red," but this one somehow stands out. The description I found for it just said shimmer but it seems to me to be more of a pearlescent finish.

And then there's Lake Louise, from the Hike Banff collection in early 2016.
A pale - but not super-pale - and very shimmery blue. Since I don't like pastels on me, I didn't expect to like this, but obviously (since it's instead in my favorites) I was wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment