Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Buyer's remorse + charitable giving + baseball

Oh you guys, I've been bad. I know better than to tell myself not to buy anything, but I wrote this post talking about what the polish I had bought during the summer, and after that I was like, "Oh, I've got to slow down," and have I? Well, no. I bought more Colourpop - it was marked down! and I loved the sample I had of MAC Prep & Prime and so I ordered that from Nordstrom and then threw in a polish there, for good measure, and I bought a bunch of assorted stuff from HB Beauty Bar... and I feel like there's something else that I'm forgetting, and there probably is. (And I donated some money to a charity dedicated to Puerto Rico, also. And one for the Virgin Islands, and multiple places for Harvey relief. I think I skipped over Florida completely, sorry - somebody else will have to make up for that one!)

Astros player Carlos Beltrán is among several Astros from Puerto Rico, and has has donated $1 million of his own money and is taking donations to supplement that. My understanding is that they have managed to charter a jet (apparently the Astros' owner is taking care of that part) and they are taking it over full of supplies - I'm sure that's just a first step. If you are interested in contributing to that, it's here - and here is Beltran talking about that (and breaking down in tears, it's very affecting).

(Why yes, I AM quieting my conscience over the shopping by talking instead about charitable giving -  isn't that how it's supposed to work?)

Next week the playoffs start, and I may need to see if I can figure out how to do Astros-themed nails! MLB apparently has sets of polish in team colors with decals, for all teams - here is ours:
(The last thing I ordered from MLB took weeks to arrive so I won't be ordering this. The Astros start playing next Thursday. I'm sure I can wing something, though.) (Here's the link for the set above, though; since I ganked their picture I guess I should provide a link back to it!)


Random nail polish link:
Let's talk about vintage polish


No comments:

Post a Comment