Friday, September 15, 2017

NOTD: unicorn pee!... I mean, So Jelly

As usual, crappy picture, but you can see the shimmer so that (to me, anyway) makes up for the very obvious defects! (Clarification: I meant the defects in the picture, not the polish.)
This is KBShimmer So Jelly, which contains the (so-called) "unicorn pee" pigment which is very hard to find and thus much prized among nail polish junkies. I had never actually seen it in person before, but it is really beautiful and I'm glad I tried it out. This is part of a set of 4 polishes but they are all now showing up as out of stock on the KBS website. (I checked because I was going to order another one.) Anyway, this has a dark raspberry-red base (you can see at the base of my nails what it looked like on the first coat) and then the unicorn pee stuff shows up as a sort of coppery-red shimmer. You can't really see it in all lights but it gives the polish a lot of depth even when you can't really see it. When you can, it's quite awesome.

Added: for the record, since I've been on a kick of mattifying practically everything lately - I did not put matte top-coat on this one. I think I used my dwindling bottle of BL Hardwear, and it came out nice & shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment