Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Aster

This is Zoya Aster, which was on my 2016 favorites list:
This was from Zoya's spring line last year, which was called Petals. It's a blue-leaning purple shimmer which I am always inclined to call pastel but which is actually just dark enough to keep from tripping my I-hate-pastels trigger. I don't know what you call these - semi-pastels? not-quite-pastels? (I actually made a label for it here on this blog, and I decided on "semi-pastel" - but it's not a term I've ever heard anybody else use, I just made it up.) I'm kind of surprised I ever ordered this polish to begin with, since I'm so terribly leery of pastels in general, I must have seen something in somebody's swatches that made me decide it might be ok, or maybe it was an accumulation of opinions from multiple bloggers. I don't really remember at this late date, though. Anyway, it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment