Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Leia

This is Zoya Leia, which was on my 2016 favorites list:
Zoya describes this as "a sheer, opalescent white with flecks of fuchsia, green and gold" - it looks like a white shimmer when you put it on alone. When you layer it over a dark, as you can see in the (half-)swatch with the arrow pointing to it, it comes out more as a sort of pinky-purple shimmer.

I think this is pretty clearly a reference to Princess Leia's white dress, which is why I had to wait a couple of weeks after Carrie Fisher's death to even be able to talk about this polish. I was a teenager when the first Star Wars movie came out, so Carrie Fisher wasn't even a lot older than me. To a geeky teenage girl, seeing that role-model was just a revelation.

I had already decided that this polish was on my shortlist before the news about her heart attack hit, so it's not here because of that. It's here because it's a beautiful polish.

2 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful polish. I haven't gotten much Zoya in the last year or so, so missed this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that whole Petals collection from last spring. Usually spring collections are too pastel for my taste, but they got that one just right.

      Delete