Sunday, January 1, 2017

Starry Starry Night

This is Essie Starry Starry Night (the 2016 re-released version), which was in my 2016 favorites:
It's a lovely dark-blue night-sky effect, with silver glitter that shows up really well on the nail.

I talked about SSN back in July, but I'm doing the polishes that were on my favorites list individually; this picture is better, anyway. And I also did a NOTD post back in January when I bought the Retro Revival mini set. As you see, this is not the mini; I bought a full-size bottle later so I wouldn't be faced with hoarding the tiny one. Clearly I like this just fine, even if it's not the old version with - supposedly - diamond dust in it. You can't get the old version, so unless you're lucky enough to have it already or rich enough to pay those crazy prices on eBay, there's just no use in fretting about that - at least, that's how I look at it. I do think Essie should really have distinguished between to the old and the new in the name, somehow. (My guess is that that was probably a decision made by the marketing department.)

No comments:

Post a Comment