Sunday, February 5, 2017

Orchid Of The Year

This is Lynnderella Orchid Of The Year:
This was my favorite polish of 2014 - that was also the year that orchid was the Pantone Color of the Year, thus the name. (Technically Pantone called it "Radiant Orchid" - which I came to think just meant it was a brighter orchid and not a pastel one.) I forget to wear this enough, but it's really gorgeous - as you can see above, it's almost the same color as Aurora (which is the one two spaces above it on the wheel), but OotY is full of a glitter mix - all the same color, more or less, but various sizes and shapes, and there's also scattered holo glitter as well. I put this on my thumbnail on top of The Necromancer the other day, and I even fished some big flower-shaped glitter pieces out of the bottle, which I don't even remember realizing were there before.
Necromancer is darker, but blends really well.

This was the first Lynnderella I ever bought - and, I think, still the only one that I've bought directly from her. I poked around just now and was reading blog posts about all the "Lynnderella drama" that happened back around 2012, but I didn't start buying indies until well after all that had happened and so I don't really feel qualified to have an opinion about it one way or the other. I've had nothing but good experiences with her polishes, though. And this one doesn't seem to be available now, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment