Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Oui!

This is Marc Jacobs Oui!
This is a bit of an in-between color - it looks pink in some pictures and more purple in others. I thought at first glance that it was more of a fuchsia - I think maybe the base is more to the pink or magenta side and it's the shimmer that pulls it more purple. Also, while it's not a full-on jelly, it has a jelly-ish base. I would say that three coats are optimum, and that translucent, jelly-like base is the magical thing that sets this polish above other similar colors. It seems to glow, in certain lights.

I just bought this recently so I almost said "it's definitely current" without looking; however, I did look and this color is actually not showing up on Marc Jacobs Beauty right now. I don't know if that's just because they had the 50% off sale recently and it just dropped off because it's out of stock, or if it's actually discontinued. It is still showing up on Sephora, though. (And back to the subject of the color: Sephora's website calls it "magenta violet" - I'm not really sure that clarifies things any further, though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment