Thursday, February 9, 2017

Bit Faker

Here's Butter London Bit Faker - which is another polish I missed on my first pass through my stash:
I really love this polish, but then it's the kind of mixed-metal thing that I reliably go wild over. It's pretty simple, really, it's a packed glitter with mixed bits of copper and bronze. As you can see, you can make it opaque really easily (I'm questioning myself there: is this really only ONE coat? But I show the second coat on Knackered, below it, so I was obviously keeping track. I think you can see that I'm a good way down on this bottle, so it's also possible it's gotten thicker.) But I also have worn this as a top-coat; you definitely do have to make an effort to make the coats light in order to do that, though, I have to say.

I bought my bottle of this at Marshall's, I think (if it wasn't Marshall's it was Ross) so clearly it was marked down, and indeed I don't see it on BL's website. I wish I had a backup for this - you can find it around online, but as far as I see you're going to pay something closer to BL's usual list price of $15 than the $4.99 or so I paid for mine. (I'm not taking any credit for my own cleverness here, mind, because I didn't even go looking for it. I was in Marshall's looking for shoes or something and I just happened to see it. The only part where I was clever is that I knew when I saw it that it was something I definitely wanted.)

(I added tags to indicate that it was in my 2015 favorites.)

No comments:

Post a Comment