Sunday, February 12, 2017

Free Spirit

This is Orly Color Blast Free Spirit:
This is a Frozen tie-in polish; it came in a "Sister Duo" with an ice-blue that presumably was the Elsa polish. This is really just your basic fuchsia creme,* but it's a very pretty one. I did several swatches of this with various top-coats over it - you can see a couple of those here. (My favorite of that bunch was Shine of the Times over Free Spirit, which may be the one at the very bottom, but I'm not sure about that since I don't have the wheel in front of me.)

*Added: I came across another post where I talked about this polish - not the same as either of the ones below - where I quote somebody else as saying this is not a creme, it's a crelly. I'm always terrible at spotting crellies unless it's super-obvious but I'm going to go on the assumption that they are correct.

Here's my original comparison post showing several different colors similar to this. And here's the picture with the duo as I first saw it, as a birthday present.

I'm pretty sure this is discontinued - I suspect it was snapped up more by the people collecting "Frozen" merchandise than for the polish itself. And this polish, at least, is hardly unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment