Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Stash additions, June & July

I haven't bought a whole lot lately (with a big exception I'll tell you about below), but here's what I did buy. The lone NYC came from CVS - mostly because I had a coupon that was expiring - and the entire bottom row came from Sleek Nail.
top row:

  • Prince Street (NYC In a Minute) - this is a fairly standard purple shimmer, maybe falling a bit to the red-leaning side
bottom row:
  • Are You Jelly? (China Glaze) - a very bright orchid-leaning purple jelly. Right up my alley, I hope!
  • Strawberry Fields (China Glaze) - from the permanent collection, a pink with a strong gold shimmer
  • Bat My Eyes (China Glaze) - this was from a Halloween collection (as you might guess) a couple of years ago. I remembered somebody raving about this one so I decided to try it. (I hate summer heat so I'm telling myself that Halloween is just around the corner!) (Added: honestly, this doesn't have to be for Halloween only. It's so gorgeous.)
  • Red Baroness (Vinylux) - this was the color of my one shellac manicure, several years ago, and when I saw that it's still available as a Vinylux color, I decided to try it out and see if this version lives up to the Shellac version. I do already have the Vinylux top-coat so that was a definite factor here. This is more of a pinkish-red than it looks here, with a slightly metallic finish.
As far as the "big exception" I referred to above, well, I went a little crazy on Pretty Serious' website a couple of days ago, and ordered a bunch of stuff. (This is always the problem I have: the longer I manage to restrain my compulsive shopping habits, the more likely it gets that they'll eventually break out in a big way.) I don't honestly remember exactly what I bought, so I won't try to tell you now. We'll find out together when it arrives! I had been telling myself I could order something from Nordstrom's anniversary sale, so I guess this will take the place of that, and the anniversary sale is off-limits now. I'm going to try not to even look. It did turn out - I always forget this - that PS's prices are in Australian dollars, so I didn't spend nearly as much as I thought I did. So at least there's that.

(As far as my nails, I'm still wearing Elderberry, which I've had on for a solid week - and it still looks quite decent, which is amazing for me. But it is chipping now, so I'll probably exchange it for one of the above later tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment