Friday, July 17, 2015

NOTD: Elderberry (and a big fail)

I decided last night when I took the pink mani off that I would wear Kaboom, the Salon Perfect Floam dupe. However, Kaboom just did not want to be worn. I tried it two different ways and it just would not set. Both times, after some considerable time had gone by, I was able to wipe it off with a tissue, it was still that soft. The first time I tried it over AbsolutelyNY Dear Tiffany, and when it didn't set I was thinking it might have something to do with a formula clash between the two polishes. But apparently that was doing a disservice to AbsolutelyNY, because then I decided to try it without undies, and it did exactly the same thing. So I'm glad I tried it both ways, really. (Note that I had worn Kaboom once previously and didn't have any problems, so I'm not sure what to think. I'm tempted to just throw it away, after all this. Maybe I'll try it on a nail wheel or something first, and see if I can get it to set. Throwing away an almost-full bottle pains me.)

So after that (and I was falling asleep by the time I got to the third mani attempt of the night) I put on a black base, while I was figuring out what I was going to put on top of it, and eventually I decided on NPB Elderberry. This is the mattified version, below: I wore it shiny for a day, and then added a coat of Matte Me Crazy:
I already liked it a lot shiny, but I am crazy about the matte version.

Details (1 coat each unless otherwise specified):
Orly Bonder
WnW Black Creme
Elderberry by Nail Pattern Boldness (one coat would have looked fine, but I did two)
Gelous
Seche Vite
(and then Matte Me Crazy a day later, as I said above)

(I do highly recommend putting Elderberry over something dark. You might be able to get it opaque on its own, but it'd take several coats, for sure.)


Apropos of nothing above, just a reminder to myself: I ran across TILATM's indie list, and if I remember I want to go through it looking for indies I don't know about already!

No comments:

Post a Comment