Friday, July 3, 2015

NOTD: Blue Email and Smoothies

This is Apple Berry Smoothie over Blue Email (these names!):
This looks darker here than it really is - it's pretty bright. It's more cyan, really. I think I talked yesterday about Blue Email being bright, and Apple Berry Smoothie toned it down some but not all that much. It's one coat of Blue Email and two of Apple Berry Smoothie. I saw some very slight bald spots, so I don't think you can call Blue Email an official one-coater, but it's close.

guide to what's what (both above and below), so I won't have to keep typing it:
Apple Berry Smoothie - Rimmel Cocktail Colours, from a couple of summers ago
Blue Email, Purple Neon - Absolute NY
Rockstar Pink - Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear
Love Me Some Pie - Dollish Polish, from the Ultimate Fandom polishes

I did a mani before this that I liked, but all the pictures sucked so much that I'm not even willing to put them up - I used my new bottle of Purple Neon (which isn't very neon, as I think I said in the previous entry) for a base, and I put Rockstar Pink over that, and on some nails I also put Dollish Love Me Some Pie. I wasn't too crazy about Love Me Some Pie by itself, but with Rockstar it looked cute. I'm pretty sure Rockstar Pink is discontinued because I saw it on a CVS clearance list lately; I need to poke around and see if I can find a backup bottle because I do really like it a lot. (Although actually my bottle is almost full, still, anyway - I just don't remember to wear it a great deal, obviously.)

And now the blue mani is chipping, so next up is red, in the 4th of July spirit. (I'm not going to attempt nail art like I did a couple of years ago, although it wasn't a total disaster.) I'm thinking I'm going to do the India/Ruby Pumps combo that I did a while back - although now that I look at it again, it's awfully dark. I may do it anyway, though. I'm not going to attempt another picture of the coming mani, since it's probably going to be a repeat, but I'm in the process of taking the blue mani above off, and I have to say, that for a cyan blue, it didn't stain very much. It did stain a little, because it's cyan (I do have to say that I have no idea which of the two polishes to blame for this) but only a little. The last cyan I wore was Zoya Liberty, which stained pretty badly, and before that the only one I ever remember wearing was Cabo Cruise, the Fergie polish, which stained like a mother****er. I've been skittish about cyan ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment