Monday, July 27, 2015

NOTD: Red Baroness plus Ichi Hanami

When last heard from on the NOTD front, I was about to remove Elderberry-over-black, and it may not surprise you too much to hear that it was a mess to remove. Glitter and black polish are not the best combo if you want easy cleanup. And then I was in a big hurry, and I didn't prep as well as I could have before I applied Strawberry Fields (2 coats over Colorstay base) - it looked alright the first day but it chipped a good bit the second day. I didn't get a picture - it's pretty but not all that out-there gorgeous.

So I tried to do a better job this time of cleaning up and prepping and filing. I've gotten as far as a coat of Nail Nutrition Strength. I'm toying with the idea of doing the Vinylux thing. I guess I can refrain from further base-coat if I'm doing that - it's not supposed to require it, right?

(Friday)
I did do the "Vinylux thing" - by which I mean my one (new-to-me) Vinylux polish with its accompanying top coat. I said in the last entry that I wanted to see how Vinylux Red Baroness compared with its Shellac counterpart - and unfortunately it didn't compare too well. It looked fine, but it didn't look like my shellac mani did, as I remember it. I remember staring at it because it was so beautiful, and I'm just not seeing that here. It's just another red. (It did get through a whole day and a shampoo - which is usually every polish's downfall, with me - without chipping, which I can't say about any other red I've ever worn in my life, as I remember it.)

So since my PS box arrived, I'm now wearing Ichi Hanami over Red Baroness. It looks great. (Maybe I'll actually get a picture.)

(Monday)
I posted the Pretty Serious purchases over the weekend - and here's Ichi over the Baroness, as mentioned above. I think it would be a little lighter worn on its own. Also note that I've had on Red Baroness since Thursday and Ichi Hanami over that since Friday, and I only have minor wear, which is pretty good for me - especially for red polishes, which as I said above, I always seem to have trouble with.
(I did a pretty good job of application on the Vinylux, not so great with Ichi Hanami, which I kind of slapped on late at night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment