Wednesday, August 5, 2015

July Ipsy bag + skincare purchases

I was thinking over the weekend about what I had bought full-size versions of, that I got on Ipsy or from other boxes. There are several, now:
  • Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser - actually when I started trying to use this every day I found that my middle-aged skin was too sensitive to take it. But I still like it. It's a bit acidic, which is a problem for me for daily use but also means it exfoliates rather well, and I find myself using it on my arms and neck when I think they need some gentle exfoliation. I don't know if I'll buy another bottle when this is gone, though, since it was not cheap.
  • Good Day moisturizer from La Fresh - I adore this formula and I'd be slathering this all over if it was cheaper, but since it was $40 for a rather small amount (1.7 oz) instead I gingerly dip my finger into it and try to use as small an amount as I think will do the job. But it's great, even so.
  • Marcelle Golden Glow BB Cream - this just arrived the other day, and I'm still messing with it, but boy I loved the sample, and I didn't think from the color name that I would, at all. They say it's good for all skin-tones, but cosmetic companies are always saying that, I didn't pay much attention. But I wanted to try it anyway - believe it or not, I had never tried a BB cream - and I loved it so much I went and found the full-size one. (You can also buy Marcelle's products from Marcelle's website, in the US. They're a Canadian company, apparently. But I went with getting it from Birchbox since shippng was free.) 

Another thing I got from a beauty box that I love - I think this one was from Walmart's - was Olay 7 eye cream, which has a creamy whipped-feeling texture similar to the LaFresh moisturizer. That's not something I ever looked for in the past, but I find now that I really like it. I may be going out to buy that one eventually, too.

So here's Ipsy's July box, the highlight of which is the Tarte bronzer:
  • Jelly Pong Pong 2-in-1 Shadow/Liner
  • Vasanti Cosmetics Brighten Up! Exfoliating Cleanser
  • Tarte deluxe Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer (in Park Avenue Princess - I looked and I don't see that you can even buy this on its own, normally, only in a kit. But this appears to be more or less a full-sized product, not a sample.)
  • Crown Brush Professional Tweezers
  • Octavio Molina Hair La Playa Salt Spray
Bronzer is not something I use a lot - or well, ever - but I'm going to play with it a bit. I've always stayed away from bronzer, mostly because in the old days they were invariably very orange-leaning, and orange just doesn't suit me. But this isn't orange-toned or even warm-colored at all, really - it's a pretty neutral-looking pinky-brown. So I'm going to experiment.

As far as the other stuff, I'm still in the process of figuring out how much eye makeup my stupid sensitive skin can tolerate, but I'm finding that a bit of eyeshadow usually doesn't seem to be a problem, and I'll definitely try out this one. Same issues apply to the exfoliating cleanser (i.e., try it out cautiously). And certainly another pair of tweezers never come amiss. I'm not sure about salt spray, but I'll probably try it out too. Salt spray is supposed to give you beachy waves, right? That doesn't sound like a bad thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment