Thursday, August 13, 2015

Stash additions + other Sephora purchases

I've had that Sephora free-shipping thing (Sephora Flash) for months and I haven't used it much - until the last couple of weeks when I've ordered twice. I have the nail polish from the first purchase to show you (although everything else from that order has gotten scattered) and everything from the second order.

I have one Cirque polish here, which did not come from Sephora, I ordered it direct from Cirque. Everything else here is Sephora.
L-R: Lichen, Metamorphic, Hyped, Tiramisu

The Cirque polish, of course, comes in a cute box, because it's that kind of brand:


The second Sephora order was mostly for blush, because I was almost out and my old Benefit favorite, Thrrrob, is discontinued. Here you see the new blush on the left, and the remnants of my old one on the right. (I broke it up on purpose because I was down to the point where it was too difficult to get it onto the brush as it was.) I wanted something that leans more purple, and this one, as you can see, is slightly more purple than Thrrrob, although not hugely so. I did find one Urban Decay blusher which was even more purple than this, but it was also darker and I was afraid it would be overpowering on me. The new one is Marc Jacobs, and the color is Outspoken.
I don't usually buy much "designer" makeup, but I liked the color and it wasn't actually much more expensive than what I usually buy (it was $30 and I think I paid $28 for the box from Benefit a couple of years ago, although Benefit's pan size is definitely larger).
(This is a very shiny box. It took me a minute to figure out that what I was seeing at the bottom, there, was the reflection of my fingers wrapped around the camera.)


Here's the contents of the second Sephora box. The Make Up For Ever card has a sample attached to it, and then my other two samples were both perfume, Polo Blue and an Acqua di Gio one which is mostly covered up here by a bigger moisturizer sample that I can't tell you the name of offhand. I want to say the brand-name was Belif. (I believe it was this stuff.) And then the Nirvana Black bottle is not a sample, but a purse-size that was a 100-point bonus - it's 0.7 ounce. (As a comparison, the standard sample size for those tiny spray vials seems to be 0.05.)
I was intending to use this brush for blusher, but I think it's too soft for my taste, at least for that purpose - I'll probably end up using it for powder instead. I may just keep using Benefit's brush for a while, even though it's somewhat the worse for wear.

(Is it just assumed these days that everybody has their own brushes?)

(Also, I just noticed that you can see the size of the Benefit box - it's .42 oz, as opposed to .15 for the Marc Jacobs, so almost three times as much. This better be a great color.)



No comments:

Post a Comment