Thursday, August 20, 2015

NOTD: Are You Jelly?

Apparently this color is so bright that one of my co-workers stopped in her tracks to look at it when I walked in the door:
This was taken in the car in the parking lot, so it's daylight and not under the fluorescent lights like a lot of my pictures are. I was trying to get a picture of it at its most neon but I don't think I captured it. Anyway, Are You Jelly? is an extremely bright, almost-neon purple/pink. (Some pictures I've seen look much more purple than this. What I've mostly been seeing is a super-bright fuchsia with very definite orchid leanings. It might be fair to call it a raspberry color.)

If you look close, you can probably see where the surface of the nail is a little bumpy. I started out trying to do a syrup mani, but eventually I gave up. So there's more polish on the tips of my nail than there is at the bottom. This is a more-opaque-than-average jelly - it's sheer, but not as sheer as a lot of them, and it just didn't really work for what I was trying to do.


Added: I've been doing more online shopping than I really ought to - I have another moisturizer on the way, for one thing - it's this one, which is another thing I found through Ipsy. I had never heard of Leeanni Eco, but I really liked it, so figured it was worth trying in the full-size. I also got another LaFresh sample in the new box, which I was happy about - this time it's the night cream. I'm starting to think that moisturizers are my new addiction. But meanwhile, I did buy more nail polish as well, from the RBL one-day sale. (I have it in my head that I bought something else, too, but I have no idea right now what it was, if so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment