Thursday, August 27, 2015

NOTDs minus pictures

(Tuesday)
I'm not doing a normal nail-of-the-day post, because I didn't get a picture of what I had on before - and I had it on when I took the swatch pictures yesterday, I just didn't think of it - and what I have on now, I've worn before and got a picture of. The latter was She's Beyond Kelp! and the former was Jin Soon Gossamer over my previous Are You Jelly? mani. Gossamer is one of those whitish top-coats - it looks in the bottle like Travel In Colour but it doesn't color-shift (or colour-shift?) like TinC does. It just adds a pretty little gossamer effect instead.

I already had started this new mani before Rob brought the mail in, or I'd probably be wearing something different, because my RBL purchases from last week's 50% sale came. (I've been a bad, bad girl in the last week as far as nail polish purchases are concerned. I bought a couple of things from RBL, a couple of sale things from Sephora, a couple of things from Llarowe's closeout sale... and then I took a look at Oh Three Oh Four's blog sale, which I successfully managed to ignore back when it first started - but I looked, and there were still a lot of Lynnderellas left, and several of them are now on their way to me. At least I didn't pay full price for anything, but I still spent an awful lot of money all told. I'm not going to try to tell you what-all I bought, exactly; I'll take pictures of it as it comes in.)

(Wednesday)
I got more nail mail today, and it was one I didn't even remember to mention in the list above - a couple of things from Nail Pattern Boldness including Glitter Food, which I'm certainly going to need given the coming influx of Lynnderellas. See why I say I was bad? I already confessed to Rob that I went kind of nuts - it's hard to hide when all these packages keep coming. I think after the big Lynnderella splurge I'm probably done for a while, though. Hopefully.

The other thing I bought besides Glitter Food was Alpha Nail, which I knew was another top-coat. When it arrived I took a look at it next to Bubblegum Punk, which arrived yesterday, and also next to Gossamer, which I'd just had out - and I got out a nail wheel and the WnW Black Creme, and I now have new swatches, which I don't have pictures of but I'm going to tell you about just the same. I knew that Bubblegum Punk looked, well, shinier than the other two. The interesting thing, to me, was that over a black base, they all appear to be made out of exactly the same type of glitter - something very finely-milled - but none of them are remotely the same. Bubblegum Punk is absolutely shinier - its fine glitter is multicolored and noticeably splashier. Gossamer and Alpha Nail look almost like twins, except that one is pink and one is blue. I have a couple more things that seem like they might be in this ballpark - Jesse's Girl Fire Fly, for one, as well as my old standby Travel In Colour - so I'll probably add those before I try to take pictures. But the early results are very interesting, I thought.

Let's see, I did take more pictures than I posted yesterday, so let's see what I have that I can stick at the bottom here so as not to be absolutely wall-to-wall text. Oh! here we go, this isn't related to anything else so it goes fine here:
This is a new storage box that I bought at Target on my last trip there. I had bought that one larger one that I complained about being too flimsy, so I bought two of these somewhat smaller ones to replace that. They're sturdier and stackable, and you can see that you can cram a lot of polish in there. I took the flimsy one and threw a lot of stray samples and stuff in it, and since they're lighter they work much better.

(These boxes are Sterilite and they're about 10" long - I got out the ruler - by 6" wide and around 5" tall. That's very roughly but it'll give you the general idea. I was measuring at the top although they're a bit smaller at the bottom.)

(I still have all my nail polish collection in plastic boxes of various sizes, but if I keep collecting at my current rate I'm going to have to give in and make a trip to Ikea!)

No comments:

Post a Comment