Friday, August 14, 2015

NOTD: Lichen

I had Lichen on a pinboard somewhere ages ago, but when I saw it on sale on Cirque's website, I hesitated because I was worried about it being too yellow-green. It's totally not, though - it has a gold flash to it, for sure, but it's not yellowy in the way that's unflattering to me. It's a darker green than I was really expecting, but I love dark greens and I'm crazy about this one.
This looks pretty decently-cleaned-up, which is amazing because it started as a mess. This polish is pretty near to a one-coater, but I had to use up some extra getting it evened out - due to my own bad application, mind you, because the formula is great. I just gotta stop putting on nail polish when I'm half-asleep!

Oh, also I have to put in a good word for Cirque's packaging, because the mailing envelope came to me inside one of those USPS "oops, sorry" bags. The bag was kind of ground to bits and was wet (what the hell happened there?) but the polish and its little box were in plastic and were dry and undamaged.


Here's the same picture I used yesterday, because I didn't go into what I now consider proper detail about these polishes, so I'm remedying that:
L-R:
Lichen (Cirque) - dark olive-green microglitter with gold flash
Metamorphic (Formula X) - gray on gray, a charcoal microglitter in a sheer base (although it also has a bit of scattered rainbow flash in some lights)
Hyped (Formula X) - bright, almost-neon purple with glass-fleck shimmer in cooler purple/blue tones. Really beautiful.
Tiramisu (Sephora Collection mini) - medium brown creme, opaque in 2 coats

Also, I don't know how well you can tell, but the Formula X bottles came plastic wrapped, as more and more stuff does. (Actually you can sort of tell - I'd already used Hyped when the picture was taken, so it's unwrapped, but Metamorphic is still wrapped. You can see the difference once you know that, I think.) The old-hippie part of me thinks the plastic wrap is wasteful, but then again, I've had enough experience with the "feral customers" (I think it was Karen I heard that phrase from) at Walmart etc, to feel that there's a good reason for wrapping them.

No comments:

Post a Comment