Friday, June 19, 2015

She's Beyond Kelp! and other recent manicures

This is KBShimmer She's Beyond Kelp! - which is one of their recent series of awesome duochrome flakies:
I'm holding my fingers at an angle here so you can see the blue-to-green flash. At right angles it just looks bright green. This was kind of a booger to apply but not too too bad. It's thick and it's prone to leave bald patches, but two thick coats - with a little extra dabbing - was enough (and there's no way you're getting thin coats with this stuff anyway!) - and this is without top-coat at all. I did have on Colorstay base-coat.

This is one of the Dollish Ultimate Fandom polishes that I've had for almost a year now (I just looked and I got them in June last year) - this is One Lifetime With You, which was the Lord of the Rings polish. If you're a geek like me you kinda take this reference for granted. Hmm, I think I have an old LJ icon that went with this, I'll look. Anyway, it's the color of Arwen's dress in Fellowship of the Ring.

(Did anybody besides me out there read The Secret Life of Dolls? Because if you don't know what it is, this isn't going to make much sense, probably. But I'm putting it in anyway, because I'm having a Geek Moment.)
(I used to know the words to "Aniron." And they're in Elvish. That kind of geek moment.)

Anyway, I bet Accio Lacquer has a picture of the dress in question. Here ya go.  (Added much later: that link is no more, but I'm sure it's something you can google.)

Getting back to nail polish... well, it's pretty but that is four coats above. So a little thinner than I find acceptable, for normal use. (It's also possible it's faded some in a year. I had issues with fading with another Dollish Polish, so who knows.)

And then I got nail mail and the aforementioned four coats of polish got covered up with two more coats of Witch Way? because I couldn't resist trying it. And it was really pretty, but it didn't set very well on top of all that and I ended up taking it all off again. (And then put on the other KBShimmer, which is the one at the top. Which gets us back around full-circle.)

I do have a couple of previous manis to talk about real quick, but I have no pictures for these. After the last NOTD post - which was a couple of weeks ago - the next thing I wore, apparently, was Teal The Cows Come Home (which is LynB) with Flake Your Booty on top. This was only moderately successful because Flake Your Booty doesn't seem to show up very well on a light background. But Teal The Cows Come Home is pretty, even if it's not what I'd call teal, really (but then I am judgmental about color names - as far as I'm concerned it's too light to be teal).

And then for most of the last week - up til Arwen's dress reared its head a couple of days ago - I had on Pretty Gritty again. You know I like it because I didn't put anything but HK Girl on top of it. (No flakies, no Travel In Colour or anything, I mean.)

I'm sure I will have more on the subject of nail mail to say before long. (I think I have another thing or two on the way, as well.) But this has gone on long enough, so I'm stopping.

(Oh, for the record, no disclosures necessary here. I paid full price for all this stuff.)

No comments:

Post a Comment