Sunday, June 7, 2015

Stash: stray glitters and flakies

Like I said a few posts back, I knew I had a good many strays that didn't get into the first round of stash pictures this time around, and most of them are polishes I've either bought lately or worn lately - or in many cases, both of those things. (Calling them strays makes me think of various lame jokes about having rounded up the herd, but I'll try to refrain.) Here's the first installment, which is flakies and some glitters (with a few more glitters to come in installment two):
top row:
  • Neeka (Zoya) - a slightly grayed-out purple, similar to Zoya Lotus in basic color, but with a fine gold microglitter. (I wrote about this one not long ago, and I was complaining because I had wear issues with it. I haven't yet retried it to see if that was just a freak occurrence or whether it's an ongoing problem for me, though.)
  • Butterflies & Rosebuds (Julie G) - a dark fuchsia with a ton of tonal microglitter. This is a really beautiful polish; as VV says at the link there, it almost glows. (mani from 2014)
  • Flake Your Booty (Painted Polish) - as the name implies, it's a flakie, but it's blue. I've never seen a blue flakie before. I tried it once over Nail-Robi, a dark blue, and it was beautiful (but I don't think I have pictures). I want to try it again over something else and see what it looks like - a blue-green, maybe, or a blue-violet? that seems like it would work...
  • Shine Of The Times (Essie) - I talked about this just last week - it's more what I think of as the standard color for a flakie - copper shifting to green, more or less. But it's also got an extra-heavy concentration of flakes, I think. (more swatches)
  • Aurora Borealis (Lucky 13) - this is a different type of flakie, to my mind, than the more standard kind above - this kind has smaller flakes and goes on more like a clear-base glitter. I am actually wearing this as we speak - here's the picture I put up the other day. It's really exceptionally beautiful. (I've been saying that a lot so far in this entry, but these are some great polishes!) Color-wise, it's pretty similar to Shine Of The Times - coppery shifting to green, mostly, although it seems to have bits of some other colors as well.
bottom row:
  • Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey (Lucky 13) - blue jelly with silver glitter of various sizes and shapes, including some stars. The link is to Accio Lacquer, and she describes this polish as having "limitless depth" - and while that's maybe a little bit out-there (as befits a Dr Who-themed polish, really) the jelly does definitely give it that illusion.
  • Locavore (Rescue Beauty) - I just bought this lately and I haven't worn it yet - I tend to wear glitters more in the winter than the summer - but boy, is it pretty. It was on clearance and I gave in to temptation, since I was already doing a RBL order (with my birthday RBL coupon). It's a small glitter with green, blue, and violet, I think - it's one of those that's small enough pieces that it's hard to pick out the individual colors. (RBL doesn't have it listed any more so I guess it's gone away now.)
  • Hue Left A Message? (Finger Paints) - Hmm, I'd forgotten, if I ever knew, that this is a near-dupe for BL Rosie Lee. Holly says it's more muted but close (and she's talked a number of times about how much she loves Rosie Lee so I'd say she's fairly expert on the subject!) - anyway, this is a packed glitter in a fairly subdued rose color. I haven't gotten around to wearing it yet.
  • Purple Palette (Finger Paints) - I couldn't find much for this online, and the picture at the link shows it looking much more blue than I think it actually is. I may have to swatch this one myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment