Sunday, June 21, 2015

Stash: A last round of strays, + a few still MIA

This picture is a bit fuzzy, but here are the last of the strays I have rounded up:
top row:
  • Frozen (Orly Color Blast) - This is (as you may guess) part of a "Frozen" tie-in collection. I got mine in a duo called the "Sister Duo" but I believe these were also sold individually. This is pretty much what you'd expect, an ice-blue - but it's very sheer and shimmery. It reminds me of polishes like Sinful Let Me Go, because while it's not the same color, it's similar in finish and sheerness.
  • Wicked (Essie) - I think it says a good bit about Wicked that they put it on Uhura in the last Star Trek movie. This is a dark vampy red - various sources have it as a near-dupe for Chanel Rouge Noir and also for some things I already own like Sinful Rich In Heart (which I would never have guessed, it seems more brown) and Revlon Vixen. (Some more info here.)
  • Sew Psyched (Essie) - different sources describe this as a greenish-gray or a sage green. (On the other hand I suppose that's what sage green is, really.) And it's got a lot of shimmer. There's dupe link and some more info here.
  • Anais (Zoya mini) - I thought this polish was dark green when I got it, but nobody but me seems to see anything greenish in it. Apparently it's actually a very dark gray or brownish-black. (What it comes down to is that it's very dark and shimmery and nobody agrees about exactly what color it is.)
  • Mad Women (Miracle Gel) - this is my one-and-only Miracle Gel polish, but I like it and it wore well, by my standards. (I think I managed to make it last something like four days.) This is a fuchsia, I'd call it similar to something like Zoya Lilith because it seems to have some blue flash. But maybe that's just my imagination.
bottom row:
  • Gossamer (Jin Soon) - another brand that I own exactly one of. I liked this polish a lot when I first got it, and then I sort of forgot about it. It seems, now that I look at it again, a lot like China Glaze Travel In Colour. I'm not sure if it has exactly the same kind of shift, though. I'm gonna have to remember to try this out again!
  • Severine (Zoya mini) - Along with Anais, above, these were two of the three colors in the Zoya Mystery Box from after Christmas this year. As you can see at the link, these were actually colors made for the fall 2014 Peter Som collection. Severine is the most interesting of the colors to me - a sort of dull neutral-ish gold frost.
  • Jordana's Skinny Jeans (Barielle) - I first saw this polish on somebody's Pinterest and I thought it was mislabeled, since Jordana is also a polish brand. But no, it's Barielle and it's named after the cult 80s jeans. So it's (naturally) a dark 80s-ish denim blue with a lot of shimmer. It's quite beautiful.
  • Spinning Out Of Control (Misa) - blurple shimmer. I haven't tried this one yet, but Misa and Barielle both seem to have awesome formulas and I'm sorry I waited so long to try these brands!
  • CE39 (I think - the number is totally illegible, but I decided the last time I wore it that that was correct) (Layla Ceramic Effect) - this is a very pretty dark purple-gray shimmer, an unusual color since grayed-out colors tend to be lighter than this.
=================================

Well, separating my polishes out by finish turned out not to be the easiest thing in the world, but I learned so much doing it that I can't regret having tried. And I finished, more or less, which is kind of amazing! I say "more or less" because there are a few polishes that I still haven't managed to get my hands on for pictures, after all this. The ones I know of, in no particular order, are:
  • OCC Chimera
  • Misa Dirty Sexy Money
  • Zoya Harlow
  • SOPI I Only Shop Vintage (mani from early 2015)
  • China Glaze Mingle with Kringle (which is said to be a dupe for Zoya Ziv, according to JessFace90)
  • NYC Ruby Queen
  • Hard Candy Vinyl
  • Glitter A-Peel basecoat
Eight out of 400-odd is not bad. I've actually seen all of these pretty recently, I think. They're floating around somewhere; I'll track them down eventually, and when I do, I'll google them as I have been doing with all the others and add them to the big list. And I'll do new polishes as I get them, too.

(Update: I've already found a couple, which are marked out. Hopefully the others are just lurking around somewhere in my boxes as well! And incidentally, if you're asking, why can't I Google without the actual bottle - which is what I thought myself when I read back over what I'd written - well, of course I can, and I probably will if I don't find them, just for completeness' sake. But it's a bit pointless if I've lost the actual polish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment