Thursday, June 18, 2015

Stash: formerly MIA metallics

After I did this round of stash pictures, I went through my list to see what was missing, and there was one bunch that stood out, that I knew had to be together. They were polishes that I usually mostly wear in the fall - metallics, mostly, and especially a bunch of copper and bronze-colored things. I had looked around for a stray storage box and not found or remembered anything like that, and I couldn't imagine where I had put them - but finally "fall" rang a bell somewhere in the back of my brain, and I remembered having put these away somewhere where I would (presumably) find them again in the fall. But honestly, I had put them so thoroughly out of sight that it's a wonder I remembered - they were in my grandmother's jewelry armoire, which is stuck back in a corner with some assorted junk in it, and I mostly ignore the existence of the whole piece of furniture. I apparently cleaned out the top drawer last fall, and put these polishes in it. I guess maybe I was thinking that I could use that armoire like a Helmer. Only then I came perilously close to forgetting about it completely.

So, to go by the standards that I started out with on this stash round, we have here some very large glitters (Falloween and I-Space), some chunky glitters (in a clear base for the SOPI and in a jelly base for RIP) and the rest are microglitters that verge on foils.
top row:
  • Traffic-Stopper Copper (Sephora by OPI) - bright copper hexes in a clear base. I like this in theory but I haven't really worn it much. (I need to do it over black like P'aholic shows.)
  • Falloween (Glitzology) - a crazy fall-themed mix of glitters in a clear base: shards, squares, hexes, and bars, in black, white, orange, purple, and green. I bought this in a blog sale and completely forgot to use it at the proper time of year. I can't really see wearing it in any other season.
bottom row:
  • Glitz (Orly) - as I recall, people used to get really worked up about this polish back a few years ago, but I never thought it was all that, especially. Still, it's a nice golden metallic and I've actually worn it a good bit over the years. (Here's a comparison post.)
  • R.I.P. (Orly) - this polish was the very first NOTD post on this blog, and it's still a fun polish, although it's kind of a pain to deal with. It's orange glitter in a black jelly base, and it's kind of balky, but on the other hand, I can't think of anything else like it. If I remember to wear it this fall, I'll definitely put Black Creme under it. And I do still like my post-Halloween version that I mention in that post where I got it to look more brown, too.
  • Intergalactic Space (Orly FX) - This is mixed glitter in a black base, and I wasn't sure I would like it but I did. (here's a mani from 2014) Among the mix of stuff are scattered larger white circles that come out looking sort of like planets. And like several of these, it does have bronze leanings.
  • Seared Bronze (Cover Girl Glosstini) - this is from the Cover Girl Catching Fire collection - it's not available in the Glosstini size any more but I believe these colors are still in the permanent collection. This is a really pretty bronze that's said to be a dupe for Warm & Fozzie.  (Note that I also now have a full-size of this, and that these are being discontinued as of late 2015.)
  • Chop Chop Copper (SH Insta-Dri) - the review linked is ALU again, and Michelle didn't actually like it that much, but I do. It's beautiful, and I don't care that it's not all that opaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment