Monday, June 15, 2015

Stash strays: reddish shimmers and some cremes

I'm still gradually getting up the leftovers from my big stash project, which I've been working on for six months - basically any post labeled "stash" in 2015 so far is part of this. I am not noted for finishing big projects, but in this case I was motivated by having an index, which showed up really clearly what polishes are still undone. So here's another small group:

at the top:
  • Charlotte mini (Zoya) - this was part of a trio that Zoya sent out with one of their promo sales back in January. I think they were the Peter Som colors that they did for one fashion week or the other last year (apparently it was fall 2014, if I'd just read what I linked I'd know that already!) KG says this is a creme although I thought in the bottle it looked like it had some shimmer. I believe I swatched it (and it was almost invisible on the wheel because it was the same slightly-off-white color as the wheel itself!) but I haven't worn it. I might get around to it eventually but it's just not my kind of thing.
bottom row:
  • Free Spirit (Orly Color Blast) - this was a Frozen duo that Rob bought me for my birthday. Again, I thought this was a shimmer but maybe not. Apparently it's a crelly, which is interesting and different, and maybe I should actually get around to trying it out! It's a very bright purple-leaning fuchsia which I have a zillion of, but crellies are more rare.
  • Stuck In The Middle (Pretty Serious - I believe this was a blogger collab polish) - this is a fabulous polish (even though it's basically pretty close to that same fuchsia as the one above - you can see that it reads a bit different, though) - it's a jelly packed with shifty glass-fleck sparkle. (PS has recently come out with a second blogger collab trio, which looks pretty awesome too. I'm still wanting Undercover Mermaid, which is the one I didn't get from the first trio!)
  • Black Metal Dahlia (OCC) - remember how I kept going on about how I wanted a blackened red? I knew all along that this color existed, but I thought it was discontinued, for some reason. But it's not (or it was and they brought it back, I'm not sure which) and I now have it and... well, it's pretty but it's still not quite the blackened red of my dreams. OCC describes it as "deep maroon with red pearl." (Note that the Temptalia link above has some comparison swatches, too.)
  • When U Say My Name (Misa) - this one I haven't worn because it's such a fall color and I'm saving it. (However, I have so many fall polishes I'd probably have to start now to actually wear them all!) This is a shimmery dark brown. The Misas I've tried so far have awesome formulas so I'm looking forward to this one.
  • Film Noir (Finger Paints) - this is a matte polish in a dark wine color. Polishaholic notes some application issues, and I had the same problem. I don't have a lot of matte polishes but they seem to be somewhat cranky, in my limited experience. But it's really different and pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment