Saturday, June 6, 2015

2 months of Ipsy bags

So here's April's Ipsy bag, a bit late:

The white box is a perfume I'd never heard of (but then Ipsy's all about stuff you never heard of); here's a shot where you can see the bottle, a little rollerball:
It smelled pretty good, but I am super-sensitive to everything these days and something in it gave me a headache. I'm going to give the Essence mascara away (despite the adorable packaging) because my eyes are far too sensitive for mascara, as I've said before; I gave up on that one long ago. I've had the StarLooks lip gloss in a previous Ipsy bag, and it was okay, but I'm not big on the texture of lip gloss so that'll probably end up going away too.

Here's the inside of the "nude" package, which is an eyeshadow from The Balm:
Funny. I'll probably try that one out. And I've already tried the Theorie hair serum, but I put it on so sparingly that I can't say I can tell any difference. The jury's still out on that one, too. So overall, probably not my best month for Ipsy. I did really like the little raffia-style bag! Very summery.

Here's the official list from April (the theme is "Beautifully Bohemian"):
  1. Starlooks lipgloss in Cuddle
  2. Jor'el Parker Femina fragrance (8.8ml bottle)
  3. Essence Lash Princess mascara
  4. Theorie argan oil hair serum
  5. theBalm Nude Dude eyeshadow single in Fit (shimmery copper)
=========================

Here's May, except I misplaced an item:
I haven't tried the dry shampoo, which appears to be full-sized, but full-size items are rare enough here that I was impressed. (I knew something was up when I got a larger-than normal pink mailer.) This bag is very cute but feels flimsy, although it is lined. I'll try the eyeliner (I seem to have less trouble with eyeliner than with mascara, in my recent trials with this) and I love getting brushes. The tube was moisturizer which I'll report back on. I located the missing item after I took this, of course; it was an Urban Decay lip primer pencil, which I'm sure I'll try out, and also some little samples of lipgloss.

The May theme is "Jetsetter" and here's the full contents:
  1. Oscar Blandi volumizing dry shampoo spray, 5 oz. (I wonder if they substituted a larger size at the last minute or something on some boxes, because Ipsy's online list says 3.2 oz. Interesting.)
  2. The Organic Pharmacy Double Rose Rejuvenating Face Cream
  3. Bellapierre gel eyeliner in Ebony
  4. Luxie Beauty eyeshadow blending brush
  5. (not pictured) Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on lip pencil in Ozone + bonus Revolution high-color lipgloss
I've tried several more of these since I wrote the above. I've been experimenting with the gel pencil and it does stay on well. I like the face cream. The dry shampoo is okay - I've tried several brands of dry shampoo now and I can't really say I'm in love with any of them. I think it's partly that my hair has such weird texture now, and so much volume on its own that I don't much want anything that adds more volume. (I may have to go get my hair cut soon, anyway, because it's driving me crazy. I think my hairdresser got carried away with the layers the last time around.)

No comments:

Post a Comment