Thursday, April 9, 2015

NOTD: Layla CE39 + TinC

I wanted an antidote to all those pastels from last week, and this was it: Layla CE39, I think it is (the number's not too legible). I just did some poking around online and that looks correct - Layla's website lists it as CE39 Southern Light. The names are never on the bottles - only the numbers - but I had figured out some time ago that they all seemed to have a name to go with the number. Although the only other Layla polish I have, CE61, seems to have changed names - it was "Ipanema Girl" and now it's "Golden Green"!

But anyway, back to the one I'm currently wearing, it's a dark purple that definitely has gray leanings - here are two sets of pictures from two different nail blogs that make it look completely different - RocknPolish and Embee Nails. I think it's interesting that the latter one couldn't see the purple at all. Here's what it looked like to me:
You can see the purple, right? But you can also see that it's pretty grayed-out. I definitely see both those things in it. So it's really pretty and subtle, but you know me, I couldn't leave it at that. So I put Travel In Colour on top of it, and here's what I got then:
I'm not sure you can really tell the difference too well here because of the glare. I liked it by itself, but I love it with Travel In Colour - it's still dark purple, but it has that pink flash that TinC gives everything, and it's more obviously shimmery and eye-catching and in fact I got a couple of compliments on it at work. It's flashy enough to be noticeable without being too flashy, if you know what I mean.

These pictures were taken a couple of nights ago when I first put it on. It's held up pretty well, although it has a bit of wear, now - I haven't decided whether to take it off tonight or get one more day out of it. I'll report back on that.

I started to put "details" at the bottom, but I'm not 100% sure about all of this. I think this is right, though, so I'll go ahead and put it:
Beauty Secrets Nail Hardener
Butter London Nail Foundation
2 coats CE39 (Layla Ceramic Effect)
1 coat Travel In Colour (China Glaze)
1 coat Seche Vite

No comments:

Post a Comment