Sunday, April 5, 2015

NOTD: Hard Candy Sky

I thought about using the "trying the untried" series name for this, but that would be cheating, since it's not actually untried. But this is the first time, I think, that I've worn it knowing what I was going to get. Previously, I kept secretly hoping for something else. (For one thing, I have thought all these years, due to tiny script print, that the label said "Shy" not "Sky" - this is actually a famous polish and I didn't even know until a month or so ago that I owned it. That's sad.)

I kept getting interrupted by one thing and another last night, and it was the middle of the night by the time I got two coats of this on. This morning I added one more coat plus Seche Vite before running out the door, and it still has a couple of slightly-bald spots and my cleanup attempt was minimal, given the time-frame. It looks alright in motion, not so great holding still for a picture:
These kind of chalky colors are just not my thing, as I was saying yesterday and as anybody who reads here regularly already knows. This is basically a one-day special mani for Easter, as far as I'm concerned. I did get intrigued because I was able to see the hidden shimmer in it last night under the fluorescent lamp in my bedroom. It looks sort of vaguely shimmery, maybe, on the nail, but I can't really see it as clearly as I could in the bottle.

(It is a great Easter/spring color. It would look cute and egg-like with some dots of other colors on it. But, as I said, I barely got it on my fingers, much less had time to think about decorating it further.)

I was speculating that Sky might well be as hard to apply as Gibson Girl was, but in fact it wasn't. That's not to say it was easy. It was thin and streaky where Gibson Girl was thick and streaky. I guess it'd be fair to say it was easier to apply in the sense that at least it didn't skip - but the results weren't particularly much better. If I'd had time to put on a fourth coat, I might have been able to get rid of the bald spots completely. Instead, probably what I'll do tonight is put something on top of it - maybe one of those Formula X glitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment